Donald Leroy Evans (July 5, 1957 - January 5, 1999) was a serial killer who murdered at least three people from 1986 to 1991. He was known for confessing to killing victims at parks and rest areas across 20 states. He was an interesting fella. He insisted he wanted to wear a KKK robe to his trial and and to be referred to as Hitler.
Interesting side note: During Evans’ incarceration, he managed to escape and was on his way to someones house by the name of Phyllis Wilcox. Phyllis was once the girlfriend of Henry Lee Lucas.
She wrote several other high profile inmates (such as Evans), but she and Lucas had quite the bond. So much so…that Lucas informed her that they never found the body of his ex girlfriend and Ottis Toole’s neice, Becky Powell, which was the murder he was actually charged with. Lucas sort of hinted around that if Becky showed up….he would probably be released. So Phyllis proceeded to take notes and copy the look of Becky Powell. She then came forward to the authorities as the missing Becky Powell.
Of course they didn’t believe it and Phyllis got in a ton of trouble over the ordeal, but it’s a good story to tell no less. Evans never made it to Phyllis’s house by the way!
This is a handwritten two page letter signed “Donald”, written in 1997.
- chxrles-starkweather reblogged this from thedeathmerchant
- galaxy--style likes this
- localpunk likes this
- allthecoolkidsrusticate likes this
- whatyouarecomestoyou5 likes this
- fieldfruit likes this
- do-it-well-leave-it-witchy reblogged this from kids-in-caskets
- kids-in-caskets reblogged this from thedeathmerchant
- thedeathmerchant likes this
- don-t-mind-me-universe likes this
- ohmyserialkillers likes this
- indigo-montoya likes this
- born-to-stand-alone reblogged this from truecrimehothouse
- born-to-stand-alone likes this
- the-story-that-started-it-all likes this
- lagunacanyon likes this
- truecrimehothouse reblogged this from thedeathmerchant
- truecrimehothouse likes this
- dolll-face likes this
- thedeathmerchant posted this